Most window replacement projects include at least one room with casement windows. Aside from being a stylistically flexible window style, it’s also the most energy-efficient operable window. While it can be installed in any room in the house, casement windows are more effective in certain rooms.
Here are some of the best placements for casement windows:
1. Home office – The last thing you want when in your home office is feeling like you’re working in a cubicle: boring furniture, cold lights, and without a window in sight. Your home office should be well-lit and comfortable to encourage productivity. Casement windows are the best window style for home offices, as its large glass areas allow more light in, creating a conducive work area.
2. Bathroom – It sounds unusual to have casement windows in a bathroom, but trust us: you wouldn’t be compromising your privacy with well-placed casement windows, which are especially useful when you need to quickly vent excess humidity. We offer obscured glass options for privacy or you can choose from several kinds of window treatments available.
3. Living room – Casement windows can be installed without grilles, a great alternative to picture windows when you want to “frame” a view but don’t want to sacrifice its other benefits. Our window hardware allows easy crank operation and can withstand years of repeated use.
4. Bedroom – When people talk about bedroom windows, they immediately think about double hung windows, which in itself is not a bad choice. But perhaps you have a view from the bedroom that you want to enjoy or you need something that’s more energy-efficient. Aside from the seal formed by the sash pressing against the frame, our Fibrex® material frames and High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass options are designed to minimize heat loss during winter and heat gain during summer.
5. Kitchen – Every second counts in the busiest area in the house, so you will need windows easy to operate and can be quickly opened in case you need to quickly air out the kitchen smells. That’s where casement windows are best installed in. The hand crank can be quickly opened even if you only have one hand free. The increased natural lighting also makes preparing your dishes a lot easier.
Casement windows can also be combined with bay windows for expanded functionality. To learn more, call Renewal by Andersen® of Seattle today at (206) 686-7733 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free in-home consultation. We serve homeowners in Seattle and nearby areas.