Renewal by Andersen® and Andersen® Corporation, our parent company, were the first window manufacturers to receive the Green Seal Certification for Environmental Stewardship. Part of our main goal is to help enhance indoor air quality and create units— whether it be double-hung windows or other products—with long lifespans.
This is all reflected in our commitment to answering the top environmental challenges we face today.
- Renewing Existing Housing – Today’s homes are often responsible for more carbon emissions than a typical automobile. Installing energy-efficient windows doesn’t only help reduce monthly energy consumption, but it also limits the home’s carbon footprint.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) – According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), poor IAQ is one of the top five health hazards threatening today’s homes. This is caused by volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other particulates emitted by common household items such as paint and plastics. Renewal by Andersen aims to combat this by creating window replacement products that bear the Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) Indoor Advantage Gold™ certification.
- Smart Use of Materials – We aim to reduce waste, which is why our exclusive Fibrex® frames are made from 40% wood fiber by weight, reclaimed from Andersen Corporation’s own manufacturing facilities. Our High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass also comes with reclaimed glass, at least 12% by weight.
- Smart Use of Energy – An average home uses up almost 50% of its annual utility costs on heating and cooling alone. Energy-efficient windows and doors help minimize heat transfer, which causes energy loss in winter and heat gain in summer – the main cause of high energy bills.
- Long Product Life Cycles – Long window and door life cycles help reduce landfill wastes. It also means your investment lasts longer. Our gliding windows and other products come with Transferable Limited Warranties, so you know it will be a long time before you’ll need replacements.
By working with Renewal by Andersen of Seattle, you can rest easy knowing you’re doing your part in keeping our environment safe. Schedule a free consultation by calling us at (206) 686-7733 or by completing our form. We serve homeowners in Bellevue and the surrounding areas.